Resthouses, homestays, and day trips
At COREZONE we believe in sharing information...some call it networking.
Here is a list of recently (and not so recently) developed resthouses, nature resorts, and adventure operators. We have yet to visit them ourselves or use their services specifically, but they are on our list because we've heard some good things about them or they fill a gap in the adventure marketplace.
EARTH CAMP www.nomadadventure.com
The Earth Camp is a laid back campsite situated next to the river and a stone's throw from Gua Tempurung. The Earth Camps hosts a variety of activities run by Nomad Adventure at the heart of Gopeng's whitewater and caving destination.
Known for its unique trea houses, the Earth Camp is built primarily with recycled/re-purposed materials. It is truly the center of experiential adventure for newbies as well as weekend adventure warriors.
Nomad Adventure also runs an extensive rafting operations, as well as a Mountain School which hosts the Pinnacle Adventure High Ropes course, caving and rock climbing activities.
ADELINE'S RESTHOUSE www.adelinesresthouse.com
This place is famous for Adeline's cooking! Not the place to go if you insist on dieting, but if you want to work up a good appetite and indulge yourself in the evening, they can organize quite a number of outdoor activities for you.
* Adeline's cooking is now famous in all of Gopeng and Ipoh
* Good family vacation resthouse
* Avaliable activities include whitewater rafting, kayaking, hiking/trekking, waterfall abseiling, caving, rock climbing, and paintball
My Gopeng Resort www.mygopengresort.com
Suitable for large groups of city folk looking for some fun together. They have a range of accomodation arrangements from chalets to dorms and tents.
* Variety of accommodation choices. Large capacity.
* Suitable location for team building programs.
* Available adventure activities include whitewater rafting, kayaking, hiking/trekking, waterfall abseiling, river tubing, caving, ropes course, mountain biking, flying fox, paintball, and summit climb
* Other activities include Perak Tours, fruit harvesting, orchard walks, fishing, and kite flying
* Amenities include open hall facilities, dining area, archery, darts, and karaoke!
Gopeng Rain Forest Resort www.gopengrainforest.com
A quiet alternative to the team building resorts, Gopeng Rain Forest Resort caters more to the lone backpacker or two looking for a nature retreat. Facilities are refreshingly simple, yet you will have access to all the outdoor activities in the area (except the karaoke, thank heavens)
* Free and easy time away from the maddening crowd
* Cool jungle air
* Access to the river for whitewater runs and a swim
Pro Eco Adventure www.proecoadventure.com
Specializes in adventure holidays throughout Malaysia. Packages include 4x4 excursions, camping, jungle trekking, and fishing.
* French and English speaking guides
* Homestays and city tours can be arranged
* Convenient 1 Day to 3 Days adventure packages can be arranged
Kuching Kayak www.kuchingkayak.com
Rain forest kayak experience. You shouldn't miss this trip if you are in Kuching. We will definitely check them out soon ourselves.
* 1 hour drive from Kuching, Sarawak
* Lime stone cave/cliff exploration in a kayak
* Borneo Highlands kayaking and Orang Utan visit
* Dolphine spotting trip
email@example.com We appreciate your contribution>